Warning: almost every APP on your device CAN read the “Standard” Android Contact List.
Protect your privacy
For important contacts, those you want to protect from thefts, we recommend you not to sync these contacts with the Standard Device Address Book. Your contact list will be safer if you keep these only in your Kylook APP!
Do you want to protect your address book from Facebook, WhatsApp and other APPs?
For each device you can select different groups to be synced with the “standard” device contact list.
This is an effective way to protect your privacy and to save memory space on your devices.
Using your Kylook APP
You can modify this setting anytime.
Using the Kylook APP you have these two alternatives:
A. From the Groups section
5. In the Group selection screen you will see two tabs:
* In “Kylook APP” you can select groups to be synced with the Kylook APP. Contacts included in deselected groups will be deleted from the device; but don’t worry, these contacts will remain in your Kylook web address book. If you need the group again, you just need to select the group and all contacts will come back to the device.
* In “Device contacts” you can select groups to be synced with the “standard” device contact list. Contacts included in deselected groups will be deleted from the device contact list; but don’t worry; these contacts will remain in your Kylook APP. If you need the contacts again, you just need to select the group and all contacts will come back to the device contact list.
B. From the Kylook APP settings
This feature requires these Kylook App versions:
* For Android devices: version 1.30 or newer
* For iOS (Apple, iPhone, iPad): will be soon available!
From your Kylook Web Address Book
You can log in to your Kylook Web Address Book using your browser (from your PC or Mac). You will see the devices and accounts (Gmail, Yahoo) which are synced with your address book.
In the tab “Sync with” you can select the groups to be synced with each device and/or account. Just follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Kylook web address book (www.kylook.com) and click on the tab “Sync with”
2. Select the device you want to select the groups to sync with.
3. Click on the tab “Sync setup“
4. You will see two columns:
* “With Kylook APP”: you can select groups to be synced with the Kylook APP on your device
* “With phone contacts”: you can select groups to be synced with the “standard” Device contact list.
Save your changes. When ready, Kylook will sync contacts included in the selected groups and contacts not assigned to any groups.
* Contacts included in selected groups will be synced. Kylook is a bidirectional synchronization, which means: any change, wherever done, will be propagated to all devices and accounts you are syncing with your Kylook address book.
* What happen if at the same time a contact is in a selected (to be synced) and in a not selected group?
In this case the contact will be synced. The command “sync this contact” has the highest priority. If you don’t want to sync a contact, you just need to assign the contact to any deselect (no syncing) group and make sure that this contact is not assigned to any syncing group.
* Contacts included only in deselected groups will be deleted from the device or from the Standard Device Address book. But don’t worry; these contacts will remain in your Kylook web address book. If you need the group again, you just need to select the group (to be synced) and all contacts will come back to the device.
* Contacts NOT assigned to any group will be synced.
* You can change the sync settings (between sync or don’t sync) at any time.
* You can also select groups to be synced with any Gmail and Yahoo account, Click here and see how to do that
Download the APP here
For any question do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
This could be also interesting for you!
.* Kylook App short video tutorial:
* Your Kylook Web Address book – video tutorial
* Contact Change History & Restore Version
* Your Digital Business Card: Take advantage of your Kcode
* How to select groups to be synchronized
* How to RESTORE deleted contacts
* How to use my QR code on Business Cards
Kylook, your Online Address Book!
Simplify your Life!!!